Posted on: 26th February 2016
Located on Bangkok’s southeast, Princess Sirindhorn Herb Garden lies en route from Chon Buri to Rayong, a few kilometers off highway 36 on the grounds of Petroleum Authority of Thailand. Having a rental car by your side will allow you to travel extensively in and around the Bowin district and explore places like Princess Sirindhorn herb Garden. So, book a reasonable priced car rental in your segment and travel to the places you wish like. Princess Sirindhorn Herb Garden is spread on a big stretch of a land of about 60 Rai and was established by PTT Public Company Limited in 1984. The main objective behind the project was to preserve herbs so that they can be passed on to the next generation.
Highlights of the Garden
Numerous herbs were collected and were presented to Princess on the auspicious occasion of her Birthday in 1985 when it was inaugurated. On the same occasion in 2006, more herbs were planted to mark Princess Sirindhorn’ 50th anniversary and Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Building was also built. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Herb Garden has two parts:
- 1. The first and the foremost part comprises of herbs, where there are about 260 medicinal herbs plus about 20,000 herb trees which belong to 20 different groups when classified on the basis of their medical properties. It not only acts as the knowledge base but also as a place of good recreational value.
- 2. The second portion is a museum that resides in Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Building which acts as an authentic platform to impart knowledge about Thai herbs. Museum is divided into various halls where dissemination is done through various multimedia tools, these are the following halls:
- The Adventure of Whirling Rubber Seed Room
- Thai Energy- ‘Save the World’ Room
- 4 essential elements of human body room
- House of Village doctor
- World of Herb Room
Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Herb Garden also plays an active part in herbal research in Thailand.
Opening Time: Tuesday-Sunday from 9 in the morning till 4 in the evening
Admission fee: Nil