1. Home
  2. Attractions
  3. Locations
  4. Wat Si Thep Pradittharam

Wat Si Thep Pradittharam

Posted on: 22nd February 2016

Wat Si Thep Pradittharam temple was originally called Wat Sri Khun Muang and was built by a ruler called Thongthip Mungklakiri in 1859. The place was renovated in 1902 by a monk named Luang Pu Jahn Kemiyo and was completed in 1906; it is also at this time when the temple’s name was also changed to Wat Si Thep Pradittharam. Luang Pu Jahn Kemiyo was a monk who accepted monkhood at the age of 20 and continued till his death at an age of 92 in 1973.

The temple has an ordination hall which has about 108 murals on the walls which makes it more beautiful. The Buddha image enshrined in this temple is said to be one of the most important ones as it is believed to have been built at the same time when Buddha images of Phra Suk and Phra Sai were built. Visit this Nakhon Phanom attraction in a car rental from us and move about with the best car rental deal both in terms of price as well as inclusions.

wat-si-thep-temple

Luang Pu Jahn Kemiyo Museum

This museum was established through the cooperation of Pisit Pitipat- the mayor of Nakhon Phanom and is other monks and members of Luang Pu Jahn foundation and Rotary Club. Luang Pu Jahn Museum’s construction began in 2005 and was completed in 2006 followed by its opening in 2007. The museum houses a statue of Luang Pu Jahn and many of his belongings and certificates. In addition to his oil painting there is a big glass cabinet that contains the seven essentials of a monk including things like a walking stick, sandals, alms bowl, robe, spittoons and hot water bottles. Among Luang Pu Jahn’s certificates the certificate which entitles him as Phra Sarnparnmunee is also there and belongs to the era of Rama VI even before he became the head monk at Phra Thepsittajarn during the reign of King Rama IX.

Opening Time: Daily, 8 am till 5 pm

Related Blog Post